Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Annapurna II

We came upon these kids playing a game which required a couple rocks and a hole in the ground. I couldn't figure out what the rules of the game were but I can tell you that the stakes must have been high by the way each through was looked over and the resulting placement of the rock examined with the utmost scrutiny. Also the kid in blue was wearing a dress shirt complete with buttoned up collar and rolled up sleeves.


A goat traffic jam, one heard going our way, another coming towards us, dogs guarding every side and everyone waiting till it sorted itself out.


That's a rainbow at the bottom of the falls and this is just the lower third of the falls.


This is the river that goes by Tall.


This is Tall, which means lake in Nepalese. We didn't know if we were going to stay there until we saw this view and decided, yes, I would like to spend a night here.


The water is cold, and if you were to get caught in the current which is strong, you would find yourself descending a thousand feet in a couple hundred and if you were lucky your parents might have a body to bury when you got to the bottom. This horse was grazing on the other side and decided he was full so time to swim back. I didn't go for a swim. But Jacqueline and I did play chess, drawing the board in the sand and writing the name of the pieces on corresponding black and white rocks.... I can't find the picture but I'll through it up if I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment