Thursday, September 22, 2011

Foodish (Updated... again)

More food updates. First the feet.

Hands across the world or plate or whatever.


Fuck you for eating me you bastard.


Lastly the head, crunchy on the outside, soft in the middle, kinda like an M&M without the chocolate.


Mostly I only eat street food, that being food sold by vendors from the side of the road, either permanent establishments but not quite a restaurant or mobile carts. It is both delicious and very cheap compared to eating at a restaurant, and restaurants are pretty cheap to start with. So after dinner one night at a vendor I noticed this drink being made with a raw egg yoke, a bit of honey and some lime juice. That's what you see below, you down it like a shot which is probably a blessing. And no, I didn't get sick.


At home I'm a vegetarian, kinda, I don't call myself one as I'm not a strict one. I won't order or buy meat, though neither will I refuse it if offered as a guest, so you decide what you want to label me. Anyway, now I'm traveling and I want to try the different dishes so I'm nothing, if I ever was anything. Soto Ayam, is a chicken soup, and judging by the picture below, nothing goes to waist. That's a chicken foot if it's not clear. Also delicious and spicy.


This is a heart, of what, I don't know, maybe a chicken or small pig heart. Tasted like liver.


2 comments:

  1. I have decided to call you an omnivore-explorer! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to say pig, only because of the size that it appears to be - if the forks are a similar size to back home:)

    ReplyDelete